1 Night 2 Days Aberdares
The Aberdares National Park, stretching over an area of 800 square km, is the ideal game reserve where you can admire herds of elephants, buffalo, rhinos, and rare animals such as the shy and lovely bongo antelope. Aberdares is a premier safari destination. The Ark Safari Lodge in the heart of the Aberdare National Park, is a tree lodge with a veranda that overlooks a floodlit waterhole and saltlick allowing undisturbed views of wildlife visiting the waterhole.
Depart by road to Aberdare National Park
- Morning departure from Nairobi for the approximately 2.5 hours drive to arrive for lunch at the Aberdare Country Club.
- The Aberdare Country Club, only a two and a half hour drive northeast from Nairobi, is nestled on a slope of Mweiga Hill in the Aberdare Highlands, part of the Great Rift Valley. This captivating site was the homestead of an English couple that decided to settle in Kenya. Almost a half century later, their home, "The Steep", was renamed the Aberdare Country Club and opened for guests.
- This afternoon, transferred in the lodge vehicle to the Ark. Set in the heart of the Aberdare National Park, iconic and yes, quirky.
- The Ark overlooks a floodlit waterhole and salt lick, which attracts a host of awesome wildlife. Modeled after Noah’s Ark, The Ark has four viewing decks with balconies and lounges to provide superb game viewing from the comfort of the lodge. The animals come to you!
- Dinner and overnight at The Ark
Journey back to Nairobi
- Breakfast at leisure. At around 10.00hrs, transferred back to the Aberdare
- Country Club, link up with your driver/guide and depart for Nairobi