1 Night 2 Days Sweetwaters Game Sanctuary
The Ol pejeta conservancy occupies the plains between the
foothills of the Aberdares and the magnificent snow capped Mount Kenya. The
Conservancy comprises extensive savannah grasslands and the riverine forests
that border the Ewaso Nyiro River. A visit to Ol Pejeta is ideal for nature,
cultural fun and leisure lovers.
The 24,000 Acres SweetWaters Game Sanctuary is currently part of the Ol Pejeta conservancy. Formerly known as Ol Pejeta Ranch it was a cattle ranch for breeding of beef cattle. One of the attractions of SweetWaters is the history behind. The ranch was founded by Lord Delamere. The Sweetwaters Chimpanzee Sanctuary opened in 1993. Lonrho Africa, the Kenya Wildlife Services and the Jane Goodall Institute established a facility to receive and provide sanctuary and housing to an original group of 40 chimpanzees. Game in the Ol Pejeta include the big 5 the endangered black rhino, leopard, elephant, buffalo and lion.
Road journey to the Sweetwaters Game Sanctuary
- Early departure from Nairobi and proceed north, driving through lush tea and coffee estates to Sweetwaters Tented Camp. Sweetwaters land- the Ol Pejeta Conservancy and its sumptuous ranch were once the private domain of famed multi-millionaire, Adnan Kashoggi.
- On arrival, approximately 3 hrs drive, game viewing drive en route to the camp arriving for lunch.
- 16.00hrs We visit the Chimpanzee Sanctuary, a charming haven established by the Jane Goodall Institute to provide sanctuary to orphaned chimps, and the specially protected and fenced refuge of black rhino with its stunning forty specimens!
- Overnight at Sweetwaters Serena Tented Camp
Morning game drive and depart for Nairobi
- Dawn game viewing drive prior to breakfast. Thereafter, depart for Nairobi (lunch is not included).