Reservations & Payment
Once you get an availability status update from Saleva Africa Tours, a non-refundable 25% deposit is due at the time of booking.
There shall be no binding contract until the deposit has been paid. Failure to remit your deposit on time may result in an automatic release of the confirmed space, and the possible inability to reinstate your reservation.
The balance on the safari is due and payable no later than forty five (45) days prior to the advised date of the commencement of your safari. If the balance has not been received by that date, the Saleva Africa Tours Ltd and service provides/contracted operators shall be entitled, at their discretion, to treat your reservation as canceled . Consequently your deposit would be forfeit.
Cancellations & Amendments
In the event of alterations, amendments or cancellations on a booking, penalties would apply as below:
- Deposit : Non-refundable.
- More than; 30 days prior to commencement of trip : 33% of tour price. 30 – 16 days prior to commencement of trip 50% of tour price.
- 15 – 0 days prior to commencement of trip : 100% of tour price.
Also, please note that the majority of upmarket lodges and service providers have adopted a "no refund of deposit policy" of up to 30%, so it is essential you have your trip cancellation policy in place at time of payment of this deposit.
Individual airline cancellation / change policies will apply, regardless of the above.
Any cancellation of a reservation must be in writing, and shall only be effective upon its acknowledged receipt by Saleva Africa Tours Ltd.
Whilst on safari, if you only complete a portion of your safari booking, and leave early, the safari section left unused cannot be refunded or re-used on a future safari booking
Unfortunately, no refunds can be given for:
- lost travel time or substitution of facilities.
- for itineraries amended after departure.
- for circumstances beyond the Companys control, including acts of God , civil, warlike operations, terrorism, insurrections or riots, fires,floods, unusually severe weather conditions, epidemics or quarantine, restrictions, any acts of government, strikes or labour unrest causing cessation, slow down or interruption of work (collectively “the force Majeure events”)
- No show- if you do not appear for any accommodation, service, sightseeing or trip segment after the commencement of the tour.
- if for any reason you leave your safari after it has begun, or missed any scheduled sightseeing, schedules or accommodations
Tour Cost:Airlines, Lodges, Camps, and other suppliers reserve the right to adjust the contracted rates leading to an increase in the quotation.
This may be brought about by any unforeseen circumstances eg. fuel surcharges, fluctuation in rates of exchange, taxes, charges or levies imposed by any government or their agents.
Landing fees, immigration and other fees payable in various African countries and conservation fees, national park fees, etc must be paid in cash at the time except where stated to have been included in your quotation. Departure Taxes at departure Airports (normally $ 20 pp) are due in cash, at the time of leaving each country (unless otherwise specified).
Although Saleva Africa Tours Ltd anticipates and hopes that it will not need to levy surcharges, it reserves the right to do so on the invoice amount, if this becomes necessary. We will endeavor to notify you in writing as soon as it is aware of any likely surcharge (depending on the circumstances).
If the surcharge is not paid within such time, Saleva Africa Tours Ltd may construe such non-payment as an act of cancellation on your part. Any refund made by Saleva Africa Tours Ltd shall be at its sole and absolute discretion.
Saleva Africa Tours Ltd acts as booking agent when requested or necessary, for hotels, airlines, air charters, bus companies, ground transportation, boat purveyors or owners, and other independent contractors providing accommodations, transportation, and/or other services. Each of these companies is an independent corporation with its own management and is not subject to the control of Saleva Africa Tours Ltd, its owner or staff including but not limited to, various ground and air operators.
All bookings like those described above are accepted by Saleva Africa Tours Ltd, as agent for independent ground operators. The transportation, accommodations and other services provided by the ground operators are offered subject to the terms and conditions contained in the tickets, exchange orders or vouchers issued by them and/or their suppliers. Because Saleva Tours does not have the right to control the operations of the independent operators and their suppliers, IT CANNOT BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE which may arise out of these services.
Saleva Africa Tours reserves the right to cancel any itinerary or any part of it, and to make such alterations in the itinerary as it deems necessary.
Furthermore it retains the right to refuse to accept or to retain as a member of any safari any person at any time, and to pass on to safari members any expenditure occasioned by delays or events beyond its control. In case of any appreciable variation in its cost, Saleva Africa Tours reserves the right to adjust its rates.
Force Majeure"Force Majeure" means, any circumstances beyond the reasonable control of Saleva Africa Tours Ltd (including, but without limitation, acts of God, explosion, flood, tempest, fire or accident, war or threat of war, sabotage, insurrection, civil disturbance, or requisition, sickness, quarantine, government intervention, weather conditions or other untoward occurrences).
If Saleva Africa Tours Ltd is affected by Force Majeure it, or its local agents, shall forthwith notify you of the nature and extent thereof.
InsuranceSaleva Africa Tours Ltd insists that you purchase travel insurance (examples of policies;
- Accidental death and disability
- Emergency medical evacuation
- Trip cancellation
- Major Medical and Loss of personal effects
BaggageTemporary or permanent loss of baggage is the responsibility of the client or the carrier. You must take out insurance for this.
Travel Documents & Vaccinations
- It is the clients responsibility to ensure that passports, visas, travel permits, health certificates, inoculations, or other documentation required for the trip are obtained, and are in order*.
- It is your responsibility to meet any additional costs incurred either by yourself (or by the Company on your behalf) as a result of any failure by you to comply with such requirements.
- In particular, a minimum of four spare pages will be required in your passport prior to travel.
MedicalIt is your sole responsibility to take all appropriate medical advice prior to departure as to whether you are fit enough to undertake the trip booked. Saleva Africa Tours Ltd shall not be liable for illness, injury or death sustained on a program recommended or sold by Saleva Africa Tours Ltd, its officers, employees, authorized representatives or agents whomsoever.
Special RequestsYou must advise Saleva Africa Tours Ltd in writing of any special requests, e.g. diet or facility, when you submit your reservation.
Information In The Brochure
All information given in the company's information literature, and that of other recommended operators, is to the best of the Company's knowledge, correct at the time of booking.